This group is a private group. It’s the first of its kind, developed for nurses who are facing disciplinary action by the board of nursing and it is also for nurses who are struggling with addiction. Here you can discuss sensitive matters related to your situation, in PRIVATE. I have seen countless nurses discussing their cases with others on public forums where prying eyes can see. It’s because of this that I have created this group.
Nurses who are being disciplined by the board feel lost, incredibly insecure, confused, petrified and hopeless. I know this because I’ve been there and until you experience this yourself you cannot begin to understand. When I went through the process I had no one to turn to and there were no groups like this one for me to find other nurses who were experiencing the same horrifying experience.
Because this group is private it cannot be accessed without going through the acceptance procedure. You will only qualify for access to this group if you are facing disciplinary action by the board, and.or you are suffering from addiction. Please follow this link to begin your acceptance to the group by filling out an application.

Totally freaking out tested positive for ETG

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Sparklin Nurse
    Sparklin Nurse
    Participant
    @Sparklin Nurse

I have been in the alternative program for several months now and I have been doing really well. Five days ago they asked me to do a random UA and it ended up coming back positive and now they want to meet with me and have called me twice and I haven’t answered. I am so scared over this because I don’t drink alcohol and I never have. I did go out for my wedding anniversary and I had some Tiramisu and I’m afraid that may be the cause of all of this.

Nutty Nurse
    Nutty Nurse
    Participant
    @Nutty Nurse

These drug screens make my blood boil. They shouldn’t be allowed. They are not FDA approved because they give false positives all the time. Alcohol is a natural substance found in the body. There is alcohol in so many things, It’s in Nyquil, PAM spray…and the list goes on.

Their cutoff level is ridiculously low. If I were you I would immediately get an attorney and do not speak to them about this by yourself. Sounds like they’re out to hang you.

They love playing “gotcha” it makes them feel so powerful. They’re so corrupt it’s sickening. Talk to your primary care doctor as well. Maybe he can help you deal with these pigs.

Oh Snap
    Oh Snap
    Participant
    @Oh Snap

Tiramisu has alcohol in it. I’m sure that is what caused the positive screen, but they should have given you a handbook when you signed the contract that tells you how careful you have to be when you’re in the program. I really don’t know what will happen now. So sorry this has happened to you.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.