This group is a private group. It’s the first of its kind, developed for nurses who are facing disciplinary action by the board of nursing and it is also for nurses who are struggling with addiction. Here you can discuss sensitive matters related to your situation, in PRIVATE. I have seen countless nurses discussing their cases with others on public forums where prying eyes can see. It’s because of this that I have created this group.
Nurses who are being disciplined by the board feel lost, incredibly insecure, confused, petrified and hopeless. I know this because I’ve been there and until you experience this yourself you cannot begin to understand. When I went through the process I had no one to turn to and there were no groups like this one for me to find other nurses who were experiencing the same horrifying experience.
Because this group is private it cannot be accessed without going through the acceptance procedure. You will only qualify for access to this group if you are facing disciplinary action by the board, and.or you are suffering from addiction. Please follow this link to begin your acceptance to the group by filling out an application.

Speechless

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Amber Kinsale
    Amber Kinsale
    Participant
    @Amber Kinsale

I’m speechless. I can’t believe some of the stories here and I am currently wrestling with the board to keep my license. I sighed up for 6 years in an alternative program. I really want to make sure that I do everything right so I’m glad I found this group. I can’t understand why my employer wants to take away my unemployment now and they also are asking me to pay it all back.

I am talking to an attorney about that, but I don’t know what else to do. I feel like I was lucky they didn’t have me locked up for diversion.

Jody Lee
    Jody Lee
    Participant
    @Jody Lee

I think you’re on the right track seeking legal counsel. They can take your unemployment away because I have seen other cases of this. I hope you have someone who can support you while you go through this process. I really think that it’s so wrong that these facilities consider addiction as a disease, but they want to turn on nurses and treat us very differently.

I think the Americans with Disabilities would be interested in hearing your story and I would suggest that you contact them immediately and let us know how this turns out.

Samantha
    Samantha
    Participant
    @Samantha

So glad you were able to get in touch with someone who can help you. Wish I could say the same for myself, the company I worked for took my unemployment away from me on Monday, have to pay it back.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.