This group is a private group. It’s the first of its kind, developed for nurses who are facing disciplinary action by the board of nursing and it is also for nurses who are struggling with addiction. Here you can discuss sensitive matters related to your situation, in PRIVATE. I have seen countless nurses discussing their cases with others on public forums where prying eyes can see. It’s because of this that I have created this group.
Nurses who are being disciplined by the board feel lost, incredibly insecure, confused, petrified and hopeless. I know this because I’ve been there and until you experience this yourself you cannot begin to understand. When I went through the process I had no one to turn to and there were no groups like this one for me to find other nurses who were experiencing the same horrifying experience.
Because this group is private it cannot be accessed without going through the acceptance procedure. You will only qualify for access to this group if you are facing disciplinary action by the board, and.or you are suffering from addiction. Please follow this link to begin your acceptance to the group by filling out an application.

New to all this and already finding it very difficult

2 replies, 3 voices Last updated by Nurse Maid Nurse Maid 6 days ago
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Active Nurse
    Active Nurse
    Participant
    @Active Nurse

New to all this and already finding it very difficult. I have only been in the alternative program 2 months. I want to ask a question about the monitoring program. I am new to this site, but also new to the alternative program. What scares me is that I have seen cases where there have been false positives on a drug screen.

I love to cook and I love chicken marsala and tiramisu. So how do I make sure that I don’t end up positive on a drug screen? Thank goodness I found this group. I feel very happy that there are other nurses that understand what I’m going through.

Thanks in advance.

Samantha
    Samantha
    Participant
    @Samantha

I have been doing this since Sept. I take IBU every night, I use Suave deodorant and lotion. I have not come up positive. I do know if you do come up positive that it shows up in a different category, I heard one of the therapists say, with a really low count. Not sure how that works, so can’t talk to it. Anyway, I did buy alcohol free mouthwash and I don’t I jest any foods with alcohol in them. I usually cook my shrimp in beer, have avoided that. On Thanksgiving I went to my cousin’s house, she had cooked the turkey in beer, didn’t know until I was sitting there eating it. I had to test a couple days later, I think, it might have been the next day and I was ok. I didn’t eat very much. My brother is the only one who knows about all of this. Yes, all of this totally sucks. Hang in there. One good thing is, I’ve been meeting a lot of other nurses in the same boat.

Nurse Maid
    Nurse Maid
    Participant
    @Nurse Maid

The BON gets away with way too much. All the crap they put nurses through is so very unfair. Unfortunately, they have all the power to we have to abide by their rules if we want to keep the license that they like to dangle in front of us. It’s extremely cruel, but it’s the way it is.

I do eat chicken marsala, which has cooking wine in it. The key is to cook it all the way down so there is no alcohol in it anymore, just the flavor. You can trust yourself to cook these types of meals, but you cannot do that when you go to restaurants.

As far as deodorants and sprays I never worried about that stuff and never turned up positive either.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.