This group is for nurses to discuss general nursing topics.

I need a specialty that challenges me

1 reply, 2 voices Last updated by Amelia Amelia 6 months, 1 week ago
  • Author
    Buddhas Buddy
    Participant
    @Buddhas Buddy

Hello,

I’m a nurse graduate and I have a question about nursing specialties and which one I would be best suited to. I’m the type of person that gets bored very easily and couldn’t ever work at a desk all day. But I also don’t want to be stuck in a unit that has the same old things to deal with each day. I’m not a nurse yet. I’m in my last semester of nursing school and during the clinical rotation I really enjoyed med/Surg but my instructor and some of the other nursing students said that I need to do something else that will challenge me, or I will get bored with it. I’m just wondering what it would be like to work in a more challenging specialty of nursing. Any advice is appreciated. Thanks

Amelia
    Amelia
    Participant
    @Amelia

If you find your niche then you’ll never work a day in your life. It’s a very exciting career and my daughter just decided she wants to become a nurse and I am thrilled because I know that no matter how bored she gets in one job she can move to another. You can do trauma nursing, ICU nursing and ER nursing to start. These specialties are very challenging at times and you would not get bored because you never know what your day is going to be like from one minute to the next.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.